Policies & FAQ’s
What are your store hours?
We are currently observing late-season store hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10am to 5pm
Friday : 10am to 6pm
Saturday: 8am to 5pm
Sunday: 8am to 3PM
*hours vary in Shoulder Season and on holiday weekends
Reservations, Deposits, and Cancellations
- You must be at least 18 years old to make an RV or tent reservation, and 21 years old to make a cabin reservation.
- A major credit card is required to book any accommodations.
For reservations Call: (719) 395-8301 or click on the Book Now
Open April – October
Cancellation of Individual RV & Tent Site Reservations:
- Payment for your stay is due in full at time of booking
- RV or Tent standard Cancellation Policy:
- If you cancel your reservation at least 7 days prior to your date of arrival, you will be charged a $15 cancellation/handling fee.
- If you cancel in less than 7 days, you will be charged $15 plus one night’s camping fees.
- If you are a no show/no call, you will not be refunded.
- Holiday Cancellation Policy:
- If you cancel your holiday reservation at least 30 days prior to your check in date, you will receive your monies back minus a $25 cancellation/handling fee.
- If you cancel your holiday reservation less than 30 days but more than 7 days prior to your check in date, you will receive your monies back minus the first night plus the $25 cancellation/handling fee.
- If you cancel your holiday reservation less than 7 days prior to your check in date, you will receive your monies back minus the 3 days minimum stay plus the $25 cancellation/handling fee.
- If you are a no show/no call for your holiday reservation, you forfeit all monies plus the $25 cancellation/handling fee.
- Cabin Cancellation Policy:
- If you cancel your reservation at least 7 days prior to your arrival, you will be charged a $25 cancellation/handling fee.
- If you cancel your reservation less than 7 days prior, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee plus the first night.
- If you are a no show/no call your reservation will not be refunded.
- For all reservations and accommodations: Chalk Creek Campground & RV Park reserves the right to instill an early departure penalty.
Deposits / Cancellations / Payments for Groups & Monthlies:
- Deposits are required for Groups and Monthly Reservations. Contact the Campground for the specific deposit amounts.
- Visitors; 7 years and older are charged
Camping is an outdoor experience.
Therefore we do not give refunds due to discomforts of nature.
Campsite and Check-in Policies
- We escort every camper to their site upon check in.
- One camping unit per campsite
- Check In is between 1:00 pm and 9:00 pm. If you need to arrive early or late, please contact the front desk, and we will do our best to work with you.
- Dogs with responsible owners are welcome on individual sites. Dogs must be kept under owners’ control at all times and picked up after – every time!
- Dogs must be on a short leash at all times.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time or outside at night.
- Sorry – No dogs are allowed on Group tenting areas or in the cottages at any time.
- Visitors are allowed at your site providing the following rules are followed.
- All Visitors MUST check in at the office to obtain a Visitor pass.
- Absolutely no visiting dogs are allowed on the campground.
- Due to limited parking at sites, all visitor vehicles must be left on the upper campground.
- You may have ONE camping rig (tent, trailer, 5th wheel, motorhome, camper are all considered a camping rig) plus ONE additional vehicle at your site.
- Any additional vehicles may park for $5/day in our parking area in the upper level.
- Trailers may be parked on sites as long as they fit completely on the site and are not blocking any roads or other sites. Trailers that do not fit on the site, at the discretion of Chalk Creek Campground staff, may be parked in Temporary Storage for $5/day.
WiFi, TV and Phone
- Free basic WIFI is provided throughout the campground. However, this system is provided for every camper so it does not allow for any type of streaming, videos, or downloads. It does not support Netflix or Pandora or any other streaming apps.
- There are some over the air TV channels that can sometimes be received in the RV Park, but there is no cable in the campground.
- Most phone carriers work in the campground but you may find you get better reception in the upper RV Park area.
- Campground Speed Limit is 7 mph
- Please do not hang anything from our trees. No hammocks, laundry lines, slack lines, pet leads etc.
- Photographs of campers while on campground property may be used in promotional materials.
Note: Further guidelines are found in our check-in packet, which everyone receives at time of Check in. All guests are responsible for reading and following guidelines. Wagon masters and Group Leaders are responsible for everyone in their group following the guidelines. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in expulsion from the park with no refund.
Campfires & Firewood
- There is a campfire ring at every site in the Lower Campground.
- There is a community fire pit in the Upper RV Park.
- No out of state firewood allowed.
- No treated lumber, no pallets, and nothing over 20″ long.
- Firewood is available for sale a the Camp Store.
- No gathering of firewood from the campground.